Can A Turtle Become A Gazelle?
By Paul Johnson, President Complete Mailing Solutions
Today’s companies are in transition. Mailroom processes have reached a tipping point between old school “turtle” thinking entrenched in “business as usual” and progressive “gazelle“ thinking that is focused on flexibility, speed, responsiveness and efficiency.
With increased labor and processing costs, strict legal requirements concerning customer privacy (e.g., HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley), steep penalties for non-compliance, and customers expecting responsiveness, companies can no longer afford to fall back on old school thinking by hiding in their shells.
How To Become a Gazelle
State-of-the-art mailroom Process Integrity Solutions (PIS) provide the ability to combine hardware and software technologies to ensure mail preparation is secure, content is correct, visibility is instantaneous and costs are reduced. Consider these additional benefits:
- Increased efficiency – eliminates slow, manual processes that lead to errors, mismatched documents, privacy breaches, and high handling costs.
- Visibility and tracking – barcode technology groups documents by customer and reports the status of individual mail pieces.
- Cost Savings – combines multiple communications into one mailing based on the individual, which saves significant postage costs.
- Security – automated processes ensures accuracy and eliminates the risk of private information being exposed.
Process Integrity Solutions increase operational efficiency, eliminates error-prone manual processes and ensure a superior customer experience.
What are some of the components of a Process Integrity Solutions suite?
- Software that:
- Centralizes the creation and management of communications
- Ensures the right documents are delivered to the right customer in accordance with their preferences (mail, email, web portal, etc.)
- Provides addresses accuracy and correct formatting
- Provides visibility and trackability in the mail stream
- Turns standard communications into marketing opportunities
- Equipment designed to interface with software to eliminate manual processes and provide greater responsiveness
Working in tandem, PIS can dramatically transform your mail center and improve financial performance as well. A turtle can become a gazelle.
Want an overview of other ways you can improve your mail center? Read this white paper on How Your Mail Center Can Improve Your Financial Performance. You’ll learn more about the various areas of a mail center that can improve your company’s flexibility, speed, responsiveness and efficiency.