How Much Money Are You Wasting?
By Paul Johnson, President Complete Mailing Solutions
Oh, the humble folder/inserter. No one gives it much thought. However, it’s an unsung hero for saving both time and money for your organization.
- Pulling staff from day-to-day tasks to help stuff envelopes, causing delays in other projects?
- Paying for temps to help process statements or mailings so your staff can stay focused on their work?
- Processing multiple page invoices or statements manually?
On average, an office worker can manually stuff 2 inserts in about 95 envelopes per hour, compared with a minimum of 1,350 envelopes on an entry-level machine, or up to 12,000 envelopes on more sophisticated models. Matching, folding and inserting multiple pages by hand reduces that average exponentially.
Old school thinking says: “Employees are at work for 8 hours anyway, so what does it matter?”
Progressive thinking asks: “How can we maximize our employee’s time and profitability?”
Utilizing the right tools can:
- Improve employee morale –tedious, disruptive projects can increase frustration
- Increase accuracy – reduce error rates inherent in manual processing
- Improve timeliness of communications – missed deadlines can result in revenue delays
- Maximize communications – seasonal volume and #/type of inserts are easily accommodated
- Impact customer satisfaction – prompt communications lead to greater customer satisfaction
A folder/inserter, working in tandem with output management software, provides greater flexibility, accuracy, cost-efficiency and timeliness when sending communications to your customers. The need to handle communications with varying number of inserts manually is a thing of the past. Technology adapts automatically, so you can tailor communications to specific customer groups on the fly.
Want to quickly identify areas for potential cost savings and productivity improvement? Check out our Labor Cost Comparison to better understand the savings available with a folder/inserter. It includes an ROI Calculator to help you determine specifically how much you can save.
How have you improved profitability in your company? Share your experience with us!