The USPS will be implementing a number of changes to their rate structure on June 23rd, which will impact how shipping weight is calculated.
If you have a mail machine, do not use shipping software and ship packages using Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express or Parcel Select, this change will impact you. Please read this detailed information for specifics so you are able to identify the correct weight of your packages.
The following is an overview of the changes:
- Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express and Parcel Select packages that exceed one cubic foot (1,728 cubic inches) will now be priced based on a Dimensional Weight (DIM) divisor for all Zones (including Local and Zones 1-9).
- First Class International Mail classification is changing
- Flats over 15.995 oz. will be re-categorized from First-Class Mail International (FCMI) to First-Class Package International Service (FCPIS).
If you are a mail machine user, you will need to manually enter the DIM weight into your machine.
Detailed instruction on calculating the new DIM weight can be found here: June 23, 2019 DIM pricing
Click here for a summary of the new rates, including the new First-Class Parcel rates: June 2019 USPS Rate Chart Summary
For a complete USPS price list, click here: June 23, 2019 Detailed Rates
USPS January 27, 2019 Rate Change
The USPS will increase postal rates on January 27, 2019. Mailing services will increase approximately 2.5%. Mail machine users will continue to be given a discount on First-Class letter rates. Mail machine users will qualify for Commercial Base (Comm.) discounts when using a label with an IMpb barcode.
The price change related to the reclassification of First-Class International Mail over 15.994 oz. has been postponed to a future date.
There is a significant change to First-Class Parcel rates – those over 3/4″ thickness or up to 13 oz. (Retail) or up to 15.999 (Commercial). 2019 First-Class Parcel rates will now be ZIP / Zone-based by weight.
Neopost and Hasler mail machine users will need to edit the Memory Key on their machines to ensure the correct rates are accessed. Click here for instructions:
IS/IM/IN 300 – 700 Series
IS/IM 5000 & 6000
|Mail Class||Type||Old Rate||New Retail Rate||New Metered Comm. Rate*|
|Priority Mail||Small Flat-rate box||$ 7.20||$ 7.90||$ 7.50|
|Medium flat-rate box||$13.65||$14.35||$12.80|
|Large flat-rate box||$18.90||$19.95||$17.60|
UPS 2019 Rate Change
UPS announced new shipping rates that will go into effect on December 26, 2018 for Ground, Air and International services, which will increase a net 4.9%. Other changes in 2019 include:
- Fuel Surchages will apply to Additional Handling, Over Maximum Limits, Signature Required and Adult Signature Required accessorials.
- A processing fee of $2.00 per package will be charged when Package Level Detail (PLD) is not provided to UPS prior to delivery.
- Rates for certain value-added services will increase.
For more detailed information on the new pricing:
UPS 2019 Rates
FedEx 2019 Rate Change
FedEx will increase their rates effective January 7, 2019. Both base rates and surcharges are affected by the change.
For more detailed information on the new pricing and services impacted:
FedEx 2019 Rates